EPLANT-Piping V 2008.0
Documentation changes with respect V2007.0
Listed below are the most important changes of this version with respect to the
former 2007.0 one. Current version is compatible with AutoCAD from version 2000 up to 2009.
It contains the following changes with respect to the 2007.0 version:
- All Commands. Almost all EPLANT menu functions are now Commands and therefore
they are available as last command.
- Gasket in iso MTO. According to the project setup, it can take the end
code from the explicit component that generate the gasket or from the gasket
definition in the piping class.
- Unique Line Number / Equipment Name. When the project uses this option
now has better control over out of sync errors with the data base module.
- Flow Direction. There is a new command to assign the Flow direction to
a Piping Line. It can be called from the Command Line as follows:
It allows to set the first component of a line. This component is used as starting
point to draw isometrics, to generate welding numbering, to start the first branch
in PDMS Export. If not set, the isometric extraction and PDMS export select it
automatically as before.
Flow symbols outside the 2D View Extraction volume are not included in the 2D view
generation as before.
- Different Pipe Diameters. It is possible now to mix different standards
each one with different pipe diameters without any interference.
- Implicit Codes 7 and 8. Support for these codes in Component Move.
- Appid Clean. New syntax for the Application Cleaner Command to be able
to call it from a script: (pd_cmd "APPID_CLN" "PATH") makes a clean copy of current
drawing file in the [project folder]\[path] folder with the same name.
- Include 3D. New syntax for the Include 3D Model Command to be able
to call it from a script: (pd_cmd "3D_MERGE" "file_name") includes into the current
drawing file the "file_name" drawing file.
- Surface to Solid. Now a 3D model can be changed from Surface to Solid
and vice-versa, current project setup notwithstanding.
- Iso dimension of Curved Pipes. The Isometric Automatic Dimension
command has been enhanced adding Curved Pipe support.
- Total Iso dimension. New setting to place Total Dimenisions in addition to
partial ones that is the default.
- Iso Slopes. The Isometric Automatic Dimension command has been enhanced
adding % slope value indication.
- Existing Components. The Isometric Extraction is now compatible with Existing
component also: they are excluded from the MTO like Continuation components. The
Connectivity Check is also compatible with Existing components.
- Iso File Name. It is possible to set the File Name used in isometric extraction
from the project P&ID Line List table also.
- Iso Header. It is possible to write into attributes of the isometric header
any number of parameters read from the project P&ID Line List table.
- Line/Equipment Highligth. It is now compatible with Existing components
- Component Automatic Generation. The Elbow Generation is now compatible with
Existing components also: their diameters are taken into account. In case of Flange
Generation automatically checks against all Equipment Nozzle, both
inside current drawing and in attached xref files. Default values are used to preset
selections in each component menus.
- Spools from Specs. Spool code can be automatically loaded from Piping Specification
in addition to manual definition.
- Reference to Vertical Axis. It is possible now to specify an End Point over the
component that recives the reference, in addition to the default Center.
- Snap Connection Point. Shows now the Bop and Top elevation also.
- Piping Class Change. The automatic isometric dimensioning command can place now
the Piping Class Change Symbol, whereas the piping class changes.
- Insulation in Isometric. Insulated componentes are automatically identified in Isometrics
drawing two paralel lines around them.
- Spool from Piping Class. If the Spool generation is enabled from Piping Class, the
Spool code is loaded into the component during its placement. Checking against Piping Class
can detect any changes in spool and correct them in the 3D model.
- Isometric File Length. Length checking may be disabled from the project setup.
- Isometric Annotation. Isometric Sheet Number in case of multiple sheets can be
automatically added to the Continuation Line Number or in a separate line. Center Line Elevation
can be automatically place whenever the elevation changes.
- Iso Delete Notes. A new command allows to delete all elements on dimension, annotation
and MTO layers, leaving the isometric drawing clean.
- Line/Equipment Status. The selection of Lines and Equipments to change or check its status
can now be done graphically too.
- 2D Plan Extraction. Now compatible with EPLANT-STH components also.
- Component Characteristics. Now compatible with EPLANT-STH components also.
- PDL language. Extensión of the IFE Ei= syntax to the PDL files used to define 3D
- Layer Control. Now compatible with EPLANT-STH components. A new option allows to set OFF
both the Line Route and the 3D components of a piping line
- Component Generation. The dialog box allow to select to display either the Component
Description or the Code.
- Error Corrections
- 3D Model Material Report: correction for TAG export to data base module
- Implicit code = 8: set gasket thickness to 0.0
- Truncated code in Solid: Error correction in diameters
- Iso Coordinate Annotation: Error correction in case of manual placement
- Iso Extraction with AutoCAD 2008: Error correction
- Iso block definition for AutoCAD 2004 and up: Error correction
- AutoCAD localized versions support: Error correction
- End and Distance: Error correction when snapping to a component inside an
Xref drawing file as reference point
- Reductions on Line Routes Enables Main Diameter change in case of giving second
point as reference
- Reference Point Corrects the error when one of the reference distances is zero
- Iso dimension Corrects the error with support dimensoning that was impossible
- Bop/Top Corrects the error when this note is automatically placed after Line Number note
- Pipe to Pipe: Error correction in case of first point selected on a Line Route
- Tag in 2D Plans: Error correction for Symbolic instruments that did not copy
Tag values during 2D Plan Extractions
- Stud/Bolt: Error correction in case the stud/bolt required is the last one in the
- 3D Typic: Correction of diameter error indication when snapping to a Connection Point
or by End and Distance
- New Line and Equipment: both names are left justified both names are left justified
and trailing spaces are eliminated.
DATA BASE MODULE
It contains the following changes with respect to the 2007.0 version:
- Line List related to Piping Material. Any Line List column can now be used
for filtering in Piping Material Reports.
- Gasket and Studs. Always use standard from the explicit component that
- Delete All CODAs. New option in the Specification Utilities to delete all
- Copy All CODAs. New option in the Specification Utilities to copy all
Additional Codes from another table.
- Setup. Modifications in options distributions.
- Setup: 3D Models Defaults. New option to set Gasket End Code from the explicit
component or from the gasket specification.
- Setup: Tolerances. New parameter to specify the minimum value for a slope
to be indicated in isometrics. New option to disable limitation on maximum lenght in isometric
- Setup: Measurement Units. New button: it groups settings previously placed in
- Setup: General Formats. New button: it groups settings previously placed in
- Setup: General Options 1. It is the former General Options button renamed with some
of the former options placed in another buttons.
- Setup: General Options 2. It is the former General Parameters button renamed with some
of the former options placed in another buttons. Spool generations can be now explicit (to be
manually defined as before in the 3D model) or from Piping Class. New option to disable
the manual input of component dimensions.
- Setup: Line Format. New option to set the isometrics file name from the EPLANT-P&ID
- PUMA Interface. Error checking for Alternate options in piping classes
ill defined; with generation of a log file with errors messages.
- Filter Dialog Box. Its use has been generalized and the new TABLE menu allows to
select the table that enters the filter.
- P&ID Environment. It is possible to build the P&ID environment associated with
the current project, without the need of using the EPLANT-P&ID module.
- P&ID Line List. New option to open, report, copy from 3D Line List, set attributes
to be written into isometric header from the P&ID Line List.
- Piping Class. New field SPOOL to be able to load spools from piping class.
- Respecification. If Spool is to be defined by the Piping Class, the verification
command can detect Spool changes as well.
- System Codes Update. Allows now to select table names different from COD/MAT/END.
Useful when updating few codes at the time.
- ERROR diagnostics. Better error handling: always displays the exact error
message, the DBF table currently open (if any) and the program module where the error occurs.
- Error Corrections
- Gasket and Studs: correction when searching the piping class for Material
and Additional Code in case of different diameter ranges in the same piping class
November 29, 2008.